To view my current postings for~~~~

~EBWorld Post Click HERE!!
**************
~~Elisabeth Bell's Newest Digi Image--Click HERE!!
************
~~~Creatalicious DT Post--Click HERE!!!
*************
~~~~Fussy and Fancy Friday DT Post--CLick HERE!!!

Translate My blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Boss's Day Card and Gift Bag


Hi Everyone~~ 
I  have a little story that goes with this card set today..... Soooo please be patient cuz I don't always have a story :D
First off; I am honored with being asked to make cards for my work friends birthdays~~ Guess they Like my creations :)       This past Saturday was Boss's Day Recognition.
I was asked to make a card and gift bag for the gifts we are surprising our Dr. with~~keep in mind our Boss is a she ;)
Well almost a year ago Drs. Dad had passed and God has been giving her a sign from above that she is being watched over.  That sign has been Rainbows in the sky sometimes for no unbenounced reason.  She has been sharing these occurences with us at work.
Well when I was checking my email on friday~~low and behold I was one of the lucky duckies followers chosen on the Flower Soft TV and won a download of Charlie's Ark Flo the Cow by Mike Payne~Very fun and interesting person ~Go read about him here.  Thank you Norene and whoever else!!!  MWAHHHH!!!
As I was scoping out the download surprise I came across this Rainbow Poem by Mike Payne and Just knew that I was going to use it for my Boss's card~~~Can't wait to see her face--maybe I will get pics and share :D

Well thanks for your patience and Here is the Gift Set ~~~~~ I love Easel Cards and  BEWARE I like to show Lots and lots and lots of pics!!!

I used white CS and matted with Soft, subtle blue textured CS.  Wanted to keep colors very soft but in the rainbow spectrum :))
Used SU embossing folders and SB nesties.  
Accented with colored dew drops, viva iced white pearl pen, sheer multi colored ribbon and Wild Orchid flowers.
Used my new Magnolia doo hickey leaf die.
The corners were fancied with a fiskars corner punch.
The front of card was misted with Tsunkineko sparkle shimmer spritz when complete~~Very Sparkly!!!
Inside of card is a pocket embossed with CB Script folder which holds 8 notecards for personal messages.
The base was sponged with pastel chalk inks and added pearls to flower centers.
Spritzed the embossed sheet with Tsunkineko sparkle mist before adhering the Poem.
I recessed the poem using SB Mega curved rectangle nestie and glued to a traced SB Labels 7 nestie.
Using foam tape I adhered the Label 7 frame.   Then added crystal stickles around edge of poem :)
These 2 pics show the shimmer mist and dimensionalization!!

The following are close-ups of Wild Orchid flowers........But do go check out all the wonderful flowers at Bizzy Becs Store ~~HERE~~
Homemade sentiment stickled and spritzed.........
SPARKLE AND SHIMMER!!!!!

I took a plain white gift bag and stamped with SU Baroque Motifs Swirl inked with Brillance Twilight.  
The Soft Sand Inked butterfly is Inkadinkado.
The Rich Cocoa butterfly is Studio G
My Boss's Gift Set~~ What do you think??
I thinkin it may bring tears to hear eyes~~we'll see~~  I will let you know in a day or two :)

Would like to enter in challenges:
Creatalicious #15~~ All white card - Nov 15
BSC #12~~  Misting (Spritz the Glitz) -- Oct 31
Charisma Cardz #41~~ More than one fold - Oct 21
Wild Orchid #8 ~~ Pastels - Oct 31


Appreciate your visit! You have truly brightened my day!!
Photobucket

15 comments:

Papirskreppa said...

what a nice card for your boss. And the poem is very beautiful. I am loking forward to here what your boss said about it :) Have a nice day.

Vee said...

Wow! What lovely design. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Kim said...

OMG Mom that turned out AMAZING! I am sure Dr. Ev loved it and I am sure it brought tears to her eyes! What a special card and gift bag you have made...and she will treasure it forever!!! Absolutely gorgeous!
Love~Kim

Cheryl said...

OMG Mary Lou,this is GORGEOUS!!! Love all that beautiful embossing and chalking.....a magical card!! We are so happy to have you on the Creatalicious team and looking forward to seeing your creations!!
Hugs xx

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

This is SO beautiful! It goes perfect with our challenge this week!

Sandra said...

How beeeeautiful is this card!!! She will love it so much!!! It is very elegant, also!! Congrats!!

xxx

Patricia said...

Thats a beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Beary Sweet Challenges, Good Luck.
~Patricia
TBS DT

Jamie said...

Amazing card! Your co-workers are so lucky to have you. Thanks for joining in our Misting challenge at The Beary Scrap!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Chelsea said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card Mary Lou. It's so elegant and the poem is lovely. All the photos are so detail and beautiful.
Love,
Chelsea

Maria said...

Another WOW cause your card and gift bag are outstanding Mary Lou! I also want to thank you for entering my blog candy. Hugs, Maria

Jorunn said...

Beautiful card, and gift bag!
Love the story and the beautiful poem!

hugs,
Jorunn

Dawnie. said...

Luv, love, LOVE your work and this is such a pretty card your boss must be a fabulous person to deserve such a delightful creation. Thanks for sharing your lovely and elegant projects with us. Dawnie:) xx

Bec said...

these are Fabulous Mary Lou.. Bec xx

Natalie Z. said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous Card !!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges..
Hugs Natalie xxx