To view my current postings for~~~~

~EBWorld Post Click HERE!!
**************
~~Elisabeth Bell's Newest Digi Image--Click HERE!!
************
~~~Creatalicious DT Post--Click HERE!!!
*************
~~~~Fussy and Fancy Friday DT Post--CLick HERE!!!

Translate My blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Little Best Friends!!

My 2nd post as Guest Designer for the Digi Bells DT Blog~~~~Enjoy!!!!
I just have to share this story~~when I was creating this card I was taken back about 20 years ago, when our youngest was 3.  I was a SAHM and babysat for 4 very nice families.  One of the families had 3 kids just like us--all about the same ages :0)  There youngest little girl and ours were Best Buds!!  They did everything together.  They loved to watch "The Little Mermaid" over and over and over again.  They did know it by heart :D  Well they would plan to wear there little mermaid t-shirts on the same day Every week and I do mean EVERY week~~Alissa's was pink and Danielle's was purple~~anddddd when they would do something they were always side by side and hand in hand just like this EB image!!!   Oh how I wish I had a pic to show you how CUTE they were!!!
Sooooo when I was coloring this image I went back in time and thought where have the years gone cuz they are now 22 and 23.  Now on with my creation...................
Found in EB Designs Digi Collection
Colored with Copics.  Added diamond glaze to girlies waistbands and pails and then sprinkled alittle FS sand on the pails for fun :D  
Lots and lots of butterflies!!  Bottom and sides were fancied with Large MS punches.
Sentiments were made by myself and punched with SU word window punch--matted with SU cs and finished with a rhinestone and stickles.
I was truly inspired to try this card by the Uber talented Jacqui of "Cat Whiskers"
You can find the template HERE  THANKS JACQUI~~~{Heart} You!!!!!
Challenges would like to enter:
Scrapbooking Allsorts~~March is Photo Inspiration (my spin is flower punches and paper and lots of butterflies)
Wild Orchid #19~~ Dieing to Punch it Out!
Stamp Something~~Spring Somethings
Simon Says~~Girlie--for my daughter :)
Recipe:
Stamps: EB Designs Digi--Little Best Friends
Ink: Copics, TH stormy sky
Paper: DCWV Pocket Full of Posies Stack, SU cs
Tools: MS butterfly and border punches
Embellies: FS ultra fine sand; Viva Decor Magenta and Lilac Pearl Pens; Rhinestones; Diamond Glaze; Cotton Candy stickles
Appreciate your visit! You have truly brightened my day!!
 GOD BLESS

9 comments:

Lizzy xx said...

What a gorgeous card & such a luvly story too, thanks for sharing :D the images are just so cute and beautifully coloured ...luv it!

xx Lizzy xx :)

Renkata said...

Mary Lou, what a precious story.
Love how you have coloured them.
Very fantastic fold card.

CraftinGranny said...

Oh Mary Lou, this is just precious as is your story. Fantastic coloring and I love the style of the card. Awesome project! "Hugs" Carol

Danni said...

What a darling and oh so sweet card! I love all the butterflies, a card after my heart!!

Kathy said...

Oh my this is incredible!!!!! So beautiful and just amazing! So happy you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

Lorraine said...

Mary Lou, what a gorgeous card and such a precious memory! Thanks for sharing!

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Mary Lou this is absolutely beautiful what a super image and your colouring is awesome and the design is superb. I can't say enough about this is really appeals to me big time.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mandy said...

Hi Mary Lou,
This is one stunning card...Love your story and the image is just adorable,great shape card as well,love it..
Mandy x

Janiel/ janny said...

OH Mary Lou this is adorable.. Your coloring is Beautiful!!
happy week to you dear..
hugs, Janiel