To view my current postings for~~~~

~EBWorld Post Click HERE!!
**************
~~Elisabeth Bell's Newest Digi Image--Click HERE!!
************
~~~Creatalicious DT Post--Click HERE!!!
*************
~~~~Fussy and Fancy Friday DT Post--CLick HERE!!!

Translate My blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Graduation Card

A friend asked me to make an Easel Graduation Card for her son!!!  
Paper is Colorbok~~midnight pack that I got at local walmart~~love it for masculine or elegant cards.  The embossed swirls on this dp are embossed and very shiny.  There are 3 layers of paper the white cs, a shiny texturized off-white paper and then the elegant dp.  The saying was computer generated and I found it on somewhere out in blogland.  Cut out with SB nestie and softened with TH weathered wood ink while in nestie adhered to card with foam tape for dimension.  Added blingy grad hat stick-on.  Finished with Wild Orchid flowers and leaves. Oh and if you loook close under the yellow rose is a blingy grad scroll stick-on also :))   American Crafts thickers were used for his name.
Don't ya just love this saying!!

Inside has sleeve with message cards and base of easel card is held up with black pearls.  Completed with ribbon and SB fancy tag.  The sentiment is a Northwoods rubber stamp that I stamped on black cs with versamark and heat embossed with Zing white embossing powder.  

Entering these Challenges
Wild Orchid #24 ~~Embossed layers
SSCC~~ Masculine Theme
Stamp Something~~Something Sentimental (use a sentiment)
Appreciate your visit! You have truly brightened my day!!
GOD BLESS

7 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

What an awesome graduation card. I'm sure he is going to love it, and yes, I love that saying! Gorgeous DP. "Hugs" Carol

Elise said...

Omgosh Mary Lou! This is simply BEAUTIFUL!!! And I love that font!!! "Good Luck Graduate" .. that's sooooOOo gorgeous! What a "cool" graduation card!!! Totally male, yet STUNNING at the same time!

Hugs,
Elise

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Wow beautiful creation Mary.

Delphine said...

Your card is fantastic, Mary Lou! I love your choice of colours, the wonderful details and the saying, just perfect! Thank you very much for your visit to my blog earlier, for your lovely comment and for following me:-)! Have a lovely evening! Hugs Delphine xx

Colleen Holmes said...

Mary Lou I just love this card!! So elegant but yet great male card and perfect for graduation! One of my most favorite paper pads is COlorbok...I went to see if there was a name on it for you but no..it must have been on the pastic wrapper. It is blues and browns and gorgeous, gorgeous paper!

Andrea6760 said...

What a great graduation card Mary Lou! I need to make one for my daughter and some for her friends, so thank you for the inspiration!!

The easel card is such a great type of card to use!

*Hugs*
~Andrea

Lena Katrine said...

Such a cool card!
Thanks for taking part at our WOC embossed challenge :)
Hugs, Lena Katrine