To view my current postings for~~~~

~EBWorld Post Click HERE!!
**************
~~Elisabeth Bell's Newest Digi Image--Click HERE!!
************
~~~Creatalicious DT Post--Click HERE!!!
*************
~~~~Fussy and Fancy Friday DT Post--CLick HERE!!!

Translate My blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Star of Bethlehem

Hello~ Well I did it~~yesterday I finished the 3rd gift/money card holder for our youngest daughter--Alissa! I won this Star of Bethlehem stamp from the Belles 'n Whistles Advent Giveaway~~YEAH!!!!~~~THANK YOU SUMMER AND ELISABETH BELL~~~~
We celebrated our Family Christmas last night (the 6 of us) Truly a blessing to Me--Thank You Lord!
Entering in: Stamp Something~~ Holiday Something by Dec 31
Flutterby Wednesday~~Angel ( I think I have a little angel here) Dec 30
365 Cards~~Keep it to Yourself
CRAFT challenge~~ Thank you ( my cards says with love instead of thank you) Jan 6
Well onto Alissa's card--This stamp so reminds me of her years gone by--she was quite shy and of course the baby :) Used White cardstock and colored image with copics. Used CB winter house folder on DCWV glitter white DP (very sparkly but doesn't really show on picture) Added twinklets over the ground which gave it a soft carpet appearance :-) Placed a rhinestone brad in center of star. Sentiment was a rub on. I dangled a snowflake charm from the Creative Impressions shimmery layered snowflake which I fastened with a beautiful brad from recollections.

Close ups of image. Used foam tape and glue dot pop ups for dimension.

I used a versa mark pen on the darker areas of both gowns and sprinkled with hallographic glitter~~~turned out very nice!!
The finished inside: The design here is from an old thank you note I received in the past. The soft colors and flowers blended so well with the colored image. I added a MS border punched from the sparkly white DP I used on the front of the card. Then stamped tiny snowflakes using Baby blue versa ink. Can kinda see the sparkly dp in this view. Border punched with MS large deep flower bed punch. Wrote a sweet note to Alissa on the scalloped circular insert and of course added the gift of $$$.

Recipe:
Stamps: Elisabeth Bell Star of Bethlehem Paper: DCWV Ink : Memento tuxedo black, copics, Baby blue versa color and versa mark pen Tools: CB winter house folder, MS punches and spellbinders scalloped circle
Embellishments: snowflakes, brads, hallographic glitter and a snowflake charm
Photobucket

17 comments:

Rose said...

you have created one BEAUTIFUL card!! Merry Christmas :)

Kim said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS and so much prettier in real life with all the glitter! All of the money cards were STUNNING mom! You did a fantastic job! I still look at mine all of the time! :) We are so blessed to have such wonderful parents! Thanks for everything!
Love you LOTS~
Kim

Stampin Mindy said...

Such a lovely card I love this image and your embellishments. great card!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous work!!!

Goblinf said...

very nice! and a lot of work went into them - hope they are appreciated by your kids as much as by us!

Suzi Mac said...

Beautiful card, love the image. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Good luck in the draw.

Suzi x

Trimgym said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

Danni said...

How very pretty! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kimberly S said...

What a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday. :)

Pam said...

A beautiful card - so glad you found us over at 365 Cards.

kris said...

Awesome card!! lots of great detailing! and that image is so precious... Thanks for playing with us at Flutter by! hugs, kris

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in this weeks C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - "Thank you"! A lovely card! Cheers Claire x

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! So adorable and I just LOVE your coloring of these images!!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something!! Hope to see you in the New Year!! HUGS

Anonymous said...

wauw what a fantastic card. It almost as if the image comes alive. I love all the details.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Stamp Something.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous Money Holder Mary Lou!! Your coloring of this sweet image and the design is gorgeous!!! Oh how fun to have won that advent stamp!! A real treasure!! I am sure your daughter loved it and will treasure this offering of love forever!! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

hugs,
Chris

Rose said...

Gorgeous card, I love all the detail! Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck!

Rose x

Magda said...

Beautiful card Mary Lou! The image is great and I love all details.
Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge & good luck.
Magda x