To view my current postings for~~~~

~EBWorld Post Click HERE!!
**************
~~Elisabeth Bell's Newest Digi Image--Click HERE!!
************
~~~Creatalicious DT Post--Click HERE!!!
*************
~~~~Fussy and Fancy Friday DT Post--CLick HERE!!!

Translate My blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

To and Fro Puzzle

Please scroll down if looking for Pixie Cottage Post~~~~
*******************
Be sure to read to bottom of post for chance at prize!!
Took time to create a card with this fabulous Sugar Nellie image--called "To and Fro".  I had colored her up several weeks ago and kept admiring the image and today finally I decided to give her a home :)
Made a card for The Sugar Bowl challenge!!  Which is this sketch and the optional theme of using Kraft paper :)
Now I have a story to share here.......As I got the papers together---I started to die cut the image and guess what had happened???  Oh yes the die moved as I ran it thru my machine and I was ready to cry.  As I looked at the 2 pieces in my hand.....my little brain started thinking.....tick tick tick..Hmmmmm......I had used the SB deckled rectangle die soooooo I will Intentionally create a puzzle piecing image.  So Here it is.  Cut down the outside edges of each piece with a Fiskars decorative scissor and then Inked all edges with TH vintage photo .   I then tape pieces together on back and used on card!!!   Would you call it the Puzzle piecing technique LOL!!
The doily behind image is SB Contemporary Hearts and that is layered onto a SB Scallop Circle.  Papers are BG Manilla pad, shabby green door damask, kraft cs and the pink I am not sure.   The 2 rectagular panels were dry embossed with SU folders and then Inked with TH vintage photo ink.
Embellished with ZVA self adhesive pearls--I copic colored the center pearl to match her shirt ;)  and MS butterflies
Inside of card----  Oval is for personal message.
***************
Would also like to enter--
Simon Says~~ Anything Goes
************************
Good Luck My Friends!!!!!  Deadline is March 8th!!!
Thanks for visiting and Have a Great Day!!!!!

11 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, wow, wow Mary Lou this is exceptionally beautiful what a fantastic design, that image is gorgeous so are the colours and embellishments
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

AWW!! She's just as sweet as can be hun!! LOVE your coloring and pretty swirling pearls!! :) HUGS

Davi said...

Wowzer Mary Lou this Gorgeous!! I love the image, you colored her so beautifully and the pertty layers and embellies are just wonderful ;)

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card
ary Lou, love the image, she is adorable, beautiful colouring, love the pearl swirls..

Luv CHRISSYxx

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Mary Lou
this is totally gorgeous and perfect embossing for our challenge at the Emerald Faerie Garden, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy on offer and a software give away if you are interested :)

Anonymous said...

How clever, the best creations are often created by accident, wonderful card Mary Lou
Hugs Julie P

CraftinGranny said...

Gorgeous creation and beautiful image. Love the DP and your pearls are perfectly placed. "Hugs"

Tracey Manderson said...

Oh wow this is amazing. Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faerie Garden, good luck and hope to see you next time.
Hugs
Tracey

Lilian said...

Wowee Mary Lou! Your card is a stunner! Love your pearls too!
Thanks for playing in the Sugar Bowl Challenge! :)

sara said...

beautiful card love all those pearls thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
hugs sara x x

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Mary Lou this is stunning dear!!
hugs.........