To view my current postings for~~~~

~EBWorld Post Click HERE!!
**************
~~Elisabeth Bell's Newest Digi Image--Click HERE!!
************
~~~Creatalicious DT Post--Click HERE!!!
*************
~~~~Fussy and Fancy Friday DT Post--CLick HERE!!!

Translate My blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lighthouse

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge
MMSC #15



I usually love to do cards with alot more bling and detail but, I am donating cards to my church's Fall Festival Silent Auction and I thought I would do more of a variety than my usual. God has created us all with different tastes :-) The Image I used is from ODBD--Light of the World set---reminds me of our trips to Door County, Wisconsin. That is where my husband's mother grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan. Love that area!!! I did use red and yellow stickles on the windows and tower light but that doesn't show very well on the photos. This card gives me a very peaceful feeling.



Here is a close up of the lighthouse:
Recipe:

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Design
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, SU Chocolate chip, Copics, SU Markers
Papers: SU

Tools
: Spellbinders Labels 1 nesties, Cuttlebug embossing border, SU word window punch, dobbers
Embellishments: Mini pearls from my stash and stickles

mom's signature

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Lovely card. I love lighthouses and have several rubber stamps of them from the U.P. of Michigan. I have visited there a few times. The Midnight Madness Design Team wants to WELCOME you to our sketch challenge and we will be looking for you next week too!!

Phyllis Midnight Madness Design Team
aka SparklePlenty1000 at SCS

Carolyn said...

Your card is fabulous. I absolutely love it!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We love having you join us. Hope you will play again next week.

Carolyn MMSC DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is beautiful Mary Lou!! I love your light house and the colors!! Awesome take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the MMSC this week!!
blessings,
Chris

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Mary Lou, this is such a serene lighthouse :) Thank you so much for playing our sketch and please do stop by my page as you are eligible to win the MMSC Candy Prize for playing our sketch this month, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Sunshine said...

Terrific card! I love lighthouses! I especially like what you have done with the topnote die cut here! Very nice! Good luck with this weeks contest! Hugz, Sunshine of Sunshine's Stamps:)

Kim said...

Mom~ I love this card! It's so peaceful and tranquil! It makes me want to curl up with a book and listen to the waves!!! :) Amazing work!
Love~
Kim