To view my current postings for~~~~

~EBWorld Post Click HERE!!
**************
~~Elisabeth Bell's Newest Digi Image--Click HERE!!
************
~~~Creatalicious DT Post--Click HERE!!!
*************
~~~~Fussy and Fancy Friday DT Post--CLick HERE!!!

Translate My blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter Tilda

Hello and Happy Spring Everybody!!!   Life is GOOD!!!  I got a few days off and instead of washing windows like I should be doing~~guess what???  I decided to be creative (I do clean well when pressed for time--Hee hee)  I made a Magnolia Easel card.  Hope you enjoy Miss Sweet Tilda~~~Smiles


I just love these easel cards myself!!!  I colored Miss Sweet Tilda with my copics and I am really starting to experiment more and more with light sourcing on the images.  I saw on SCS newsletter that somehow you could dry emboss a frame around image---well I have to tell you the first time I tried~~TOTAL SCREW UP~~I embossed image instead of border~~~Silly Me; brain inside out--soooo I shook my head and did figure it out (LOL).  That is why on the inside tilda you may slightly see dry embossing throughout image :)  She is still so darn cute:))))  I used lime green stickles on the dress ruffle, on her hair bows, on sentiment and on the centers of flowers and buttons on inside.  Distressed dry embossing and all layers using SU spots~~ applying with a makeup brush that I do not like for my face (Hee Hee) For shine and glimmer I used Twinkling H20's on flowers and tilda's shoes--little too much on shoes~~another lesson for me today (lol)!!!!                
 Challenges entering in:
MDUC #38 -- This Sketch due March 28 
Just Magnolia week 47 -- Easel Card due March 26 
Lexi's Creations #10 -- Easter Theme due April 5
Magnolia Stamp Lover's #6 -- use die cut due March 28
Basic Grey week 16-- Tutti Fruitti--fruit, papers, colors due April 2
Roses on Paper #34-- Punch It due April 5
Simon Says -- Easter or Spring and some Glimmer due March 31
Stamp Something-- Distress somethings  due March 25

Recipe: 
Stamps: Magnolia Sweet Tilda and SU Well Scripted (happy Easter) 
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black, Copics, SU spots and Twinkling h2o's
Paper:  DCWV Latte Cardstock and BG sugar rush pad
Tools:  Spellbinders label 9, oval, scalloped circle~~ SU scalloped oval punch and lace border punch~~ MS border punches, Sizzix branch w/leaves,  CB swiss dot folder and SU elegant bouquet folder
Embellies:  Lime green Stickles, buttons, and flowers

Photobucket

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Mary Lou, I think it is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers. Stephanie

Moshie said...

Easel cards are my favorite and this one is at the top of my list! It is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week. Hugs Moshie

Mina said...

beautiful rich colours Mary Lou and such a beautifully made easel card...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello :)
this is such a beautiful card.Love the lace border punch just so sweet.
xx

Kim said...

WOW what a gorgeous card Mom! I love this!!! Too funny how you were saying you wanted to make a card with this cutie Tilda! She turned out AMAZING! Can't wait to see her in person now!!! Enjoy your time off!!!
Love~ Kim

Kim said...

P.S. it's supposed to get cold again anyways...so the windows don't need to be washed for a few weeks yet! LOL!

Mandy said...

Wow a gorgeous easel card,I love them...Great colour combo..Tilda is soo adorable and coloured beautifully...
Mandy xx

Debbie Pamment said...

Wow – what a fabulous job you’ve done with the sketch. Your colour combo is just gorgeous - LOVE it!
Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Rosette said...

What a lovely card :) I love that Tilda, and gorgeous colours :) Thanks for playing with us at ROP :) Come back and join the fun soon :)

Heather said...

A fabulous easel card Mary Lou, love that gotgeous Tilda, wonderful colours and details.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Basic Grey.
hugs Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is just totally gorgeous!! I love it!! the coloring is just fabulous and your image is darling!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS

lalkygirl said...

stunning easel card,your colouring is beautiful,thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
lalkygirl x

Kimba-Slydog said...

Oh my god, is this sweet!!! I love your card so much!!!

Thanks for joinings us at MDUC this week.

Hugs,
Nicole

Iris Wiechmann said...

This is beautiful! Pretty colors and cute Tilda image. Thanks for playing with us at ROP/BNW.

Hugs,
Iris

Dena said...

I love how you used the deep edge punch! I don't seem to use mine enough. It looks gorgeous and your coloring is over the top!!!
Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

anaRy said...

I just loved your layout!
Beautiful work.
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers.
xo,
Anary

Cindy said...

This is not a color combination I would have thought of to use, but it works beautifully. Thanks for joining the MSL challenge, come back often. Cindy2

Jodie from Oz said...

Mary Lou, Love your beautiful card.
The image is adorable, your colours and colouring wonderful. A fabulous take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges.
hugs Jodie from Oz

Yogi said...

cute card

Georgie said...

beautiful Easel card.The punched edge is so nice
Thanks for playing along at Lexis Creations

Vivi Casale said...

wonderful card! great job! I love easel cards!!
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers !!!
xxx
Vivi

Lorraine A said...

Congratulations mary Lou :-) You won the choice of a Gruffie stamp in my fortnightly candy :-)


luv
Lols x x x

Lexi said...

Oh wow this is adorable, gorgeous colour combo...I love it! Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx