To view my current postings for~~~~

~EBWorld Post Click HERE!!
**************
~~Elisabeth Bell's Newest Digi Image--Click HERE!!
************
~~~Creatalicious DT Post--Click HERE!!!
*************
~~~~Fussy and Fancy Friday DT Post--CLick HERE!!!

Translate My blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

DECORATED MONEY DISH

Fun project to show you today!!     Mainly Just For FUN!!!!!
My daughter, Alissa asked if I would decorate this glass candle dish for her to use as a coin dish in her room.

Here is the dish with her spare change :D

NOW HERE IS THE ALTERED DISH...............And if you remember me I like LOTS of PICS!!!
So here we go.....................
View looking into dish--dp on bottom of dish
Shows all the different dimensions!!

 Used EK Success border punch for top edge and MS doily lace border punch for bottom edge

The dp is DCWV Garden Party Stack with Glitter--mmm good :D

Used my new Magnolia Doohickeys~~aren't they GORGEOUS!!!
Inked edges of leaves with TH walnut stain ink and then topped with Lime Green stickles.
Pearls are Magenta viva decor pen:)
Dragonfly also inked with walnut stain and blinged with stardust stickles.
MS layered butterfly glitzed with stardust stickles and Magenta viva pen again.
Viva Decor Iced white pearl pen used for pearls on other flower petals ;)
The Large ivory flower was a gift from Suzanne Dean of Scrap Bitz--thanks Hun!!
I inked with TH aged mahogany and added frosted lace stickles to edges of petals.
Added stickles to all flowers :)

Flowers are a mix of Wild Orchids and ????
Finished with a few Modern romance floral sprays!!

HERE IT IS IN HER ROOM~~~~~~~
the little box was a gift from her sis Kim of Crafts by kim for her b-day~~isn't she a lucky girl to have a crafty Mom and Sistah :D)


Challenges I would like to enter:
Quixotic #43~~ Gift It  -Oct 6 (Not sure if this is officially by the rules :))
A Spoon Full of Sugar #123~ Spots & Stripes -Oct 5 (DP is stripes and spots are lace punch, dp in bottom of dish and pearls)
Anything Goes week 18~~ Going Round in Circles - Oct 5
Creatalicious #14~~ Pink, brown and Green -- Oct 15

Appreciate your visit! You have truly brightened my day!!
Photobucket

9 comments:

angelwhispers said...

What a beautiful little dish it's just gorgeous and looks so pretty sat on the drawers!!!

Thanks for joining us over at anything goes this week Love Chanelle xxxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! What an amazing creation. Lovely idea. :) Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes..xx

Jennifer Stricker said...

Mary Lou- That is so lovely. She is a luck y girl to have such a creative mom and sister. (hugs) jen

Melanie said...

Mary Lou...this is GORGEOUS!! What a lovely project.

(did I see over on Kim's blog that it's your birthday??? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a wonderful day!)

Unknown said...

I love this! Very cute. Lord knows I have enough change dishes sitting around the house. I would love to do one for my laundry area, something with a cute clothesline on it... I have just the stamp!
Thanks for sharing.

stephanne said...

This is positively gorgeous!! I love all the punched layers and gorgeous colours, the doohickeys, the flowers, my goodness, this is stunning!! A gorgeous gathering of items and a fabulous job recycling too!! Thanks for popping over to my blog and good luck on my lil' candy!! I've been "following" you for some time now, your work is fabulous!!
hugs, stephanne

Penny said...

This is such a fabulous idea, thanks for sharing it for the challenge over at Creatalicious this month
Pen

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,such beautiful flowers and a fabulous idea!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Renkata said...

wow Mary Lou, that is really amazing project. So beautifly done.
Hey girl gongrats you have won from BnW by Rosette blog :)